Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a Day! O_o

Okay, let's recap a little, and point out what I did a few days ago first.

Thursday night, after getting my haircut and some outfits picked out for it, I went out on a 'date' with my step-sister Michelle, in the city.
It was a special awards night, where the office celebrates the teams by achieving certain victories. Also...
It was a shameless promotional thing to help recruit more Financial Salesmen.
Actually, I kinda liked the idea of being a Financial Advisor, but I definately do not want to be the type that actively searches and goes out of his own way to find people and ask them if they need help, in order to do my job. I would like to sit at a desk, or answer housecalls, and go then to meet with people in person in order to discuss business.
I can easily see myself learning how to save people money, to show them that money they already spent on taxes and stuff could be gleaned back, and then put to better use. Whether it be a savings plan, insurance, it doesn't matter to me. It could be just a minor plan that would only yield a $5000 gain over a few years, but it would be something. Something at least for a single parent to at least pass down for her son or daughter to use. It's the idea of helping people and educating people that I like: actively pushing and pursuading them to use specific plans from specific companies isn't my idea of a good job.
Anyways...
After our date, Michelle and I came back to the Fort, where we sat down in a nearby pub, ordered a few drinks and food, then said our farewells to each other.

The next day, Friday, I'm back at work. Worn out and tired, but full of strangely uplifted spirits of me, being a 'financial advisor', and how I would or could do my job in a way comfortable to me.
Friday was a day of Manwatching for me, boring as hell. We are backfilling an excavation by an important NH3 loading station, so this job is full priority to get accomplished.
14 hours later... >_>
Yeah, I didn't get off until 9:30 at night. Got a free supper and paid for the half hour to eat it too, but it still kinda sucked. The hole eventually filled up to the point where it was no longer a dangerous confined space, instead becoming a shallow dimple in the earth. I spent the last few hours working with a giant diesel tamping machine that looks like a miniature steamroller that you stand behind and walk along, using hand controls to move and steer it.
The machine overheated and didn't work well, it's steering sucked, and I had four other tired and over-eager partners in my way. We got it done though. We couldn't leave until it was finished.
Shawn Harding called me on my cell phone, wondering where I was. Nobody else seemed to care. >_>
I got home, nobody there, and showered. I came down, and suddenly, lots of people. Guess they all went to 7-11 or something. I was too tired to stay up, and had an important meeting to go to this morning (today), so I tried to crash.

Today.
Well, I didn't wake up feeling so keen on being a banker guy. Not yet anyways. I was tired, would have to rush across Edmonton into unfamiliar territory to find this place I went only a night or two before, to get pressured into being something I wasn't really sure on being after all. Plus I had to do things with Stephanie today.
I called the guy who I was meant to meet, and left a lie on his machine. 'Got called in to work today'.
Well, I sat in my room for a bit, trying to wake up. Eventually I grabbed Steph, and took her to the city with me. It's 'Daddy/Daughter Time', except replacing 'Daddy/Daughter' with 'Siblings'.

Today I went shopping with Stephanie. I'm dressed better today, with nicer clothes and my nicer hairstyle. It's less shameful for me to walk into nice stores now.
Her and I went into Gown and Dress shops, shoe stores, underwear and lingerie shops, anywhere and everywhere guys do NOT want to go, and I did it well.
We went to West Ed with the intention of buying her Snowboarding stuff. I owe Stephanie a big present. Jamie got furniture, Tony his super Trenchcoat, Chris his sword, Sam her leathercoat, Richard... still working on him. Stephanie got nothing BIG from me yet (sex toys don't count, since all the girls got them).
So, today, me being a 'girly' shopper for her and spending big bucks, WAS/IS my big gift.
We got her some nice new boarding boots AND a pair of goggles that cost over $130 (goggles alone at that price), and that was it for 'gifts'. Poor athlete world guy: had to run like 8 times to find the right size for Steph. ^_^
While shopping, me in high tolerance mode, dealt well with the hundreds of disgustingly sick, festering future zombies in that mall. Ugh.

Here's a side story. We went to Millennium Place, a shop that sells fantasy swords and gothic crap. Pretty cool outfits in there though. I was looking at books, and saw a stack that I wanted to browse at sitting under this crappy diorama thing. I went to move it... and a figurine on it fell off and broke on the ground. Oh my god...
The teenage girl that worked there spazzed. Her manager, a mid-20s guy, looked too stoned to care. I offered to buy the broken piece, but it didn't sell pieces individually: it was the whole set or nothing.
Well, Christ. $230-some bucks later... and I now own a 'Knights of the Round Table' diorama. Gee, swell.
On the plus side: after hauling around that box of crap in my arm all day, my bicep on one arm is HUGE!
I bought for myself something to make myself feel better though: two new Red Oak Quarterstaves, each 6 feet long. Hee! ^_^

Steph and I came home, bought McDicks for ourselves, then came home and showed off our goodies. Oh, I also bought a costume. Jamie likes it.
My mum frigging sucked on my tit! ~_~ Now, relax, not my own physical tit. I bought a rubber stressball from San Francisco (where I bought my dad's inflatable sheep), that looks like a womans tit. Took it home, showed it off, and she sucked on it! Not cool. Steph washed it in scalding water for me. Grrr, mad at mum... Love her, but mad as well.

I went downstairs, and who pops on MSN? Go on and guess. You would be surprised and shocked as I was.
Jamie started to chat with me. And we talked, for a good half hour, I swear. It was nice, and I told her so, to be able to enjoy a nice comfortable 'chat' with her, with full privacy, where we could be open and still have fun and be relaxed about it. She agrees, so I'm hoping this happens again.
We talked about a lot of stuff, what we did these few days away from each other, and other things like that. Brought up to speed again. I went up and got my diorama from my car, brought it in, shaking my head at it, but it was all good.
Jamie made cupcakes today for us, so I asked if I could have some. She said yes, then came downstairs and hung out for a while. Watched some Resident Evil things, talked a lot, and I showed her a site or two (artist sites), and talked about work and things. I ended up ushering her away actually. I love her and her company, but I needed some space tonight, just to destress a little. It's cool. She found some anime books of mine and 'borrowed' them, heh. Apparently her muse was inspired, so off she went.

I spent close to $1000 today, in cash withdrawels and debit/credit payments. Yikes. O_o

No word back from Michelle yet, so I hope she's not too mad at me. I texted her from the mall in Edmonton, and got a few replies then, but she said she'd call me at night here.
I think Jamie should come with me and look at this Financial Advisor position. Girls seem to be better at understanding money anyways, and the job itself has tremendous advancement opportunites and skills for her to be successful, work part or full time, and be skilled enough to manage her finances properly even if she ever quit her job there, to ensure a long and healthy life in the world of money.

God I'm tired. Oh yeah. Resident Evil 5, the game, IS two-player AND one-player, with an A.I. program for the secondary game character. The second player can control the A.I. hero, in a split screen, and come and go at any part of the game without disrupting anything. If she leaves the A.I. toon, it will revert to computer controlled, until the second player enters the game and manually overrides the A.I. program running the thing. Can't wait to play it with my partner Jamie.

Night guys. Playing with my staves tomorrow. After I sleep in.
Do NOT wake the BEAR! ~_~
Lol, Just Kidding. After 10am, you can wake the BEAR. Before then though, you WILL die.
Ha ha. Hee hee. Seriously.

No comments: